Before You Leave

vor der Abreise (Image: anyaberkut /

Time to say goodbye! You have studied one or two semesters at TH Köln, made new acquaintances, got to know a new city and its surroundings and hopefully learned to love it. Before you go home with these positive experiences, you should consider the following tips.

The points listed are intended as a guideline. It may well be that not every one of them is relevant to you.

At TH Köln

  • Check whether all the necessary steps have been carried out in Mobility Online.

  • Get the necessary signatures from your departmental coordinator for your Learning Agreement "after Mobility".

  • Have your Confirmation of Departure signed one week before departure at the Department of International Affairs. This step is mandatory for Erasmus+ students.

  • Print your Transcript of Records (ToR) via PSSO. Please note that your access to PSSO will expire six months after your departure. If you need an original signature and stamp on your ToR, or if not all academic achievements are listed, please contact the Office of Student and Examination Services on your campus.

  • Inform your departmental coordinator of your departure.

  • If you would like to retrieve your e-mails after your departure, please contact the Campus IT and request that the e-mails you have received via the smail-address are stored. Your access will be blocked after your exmatriculation.

  • Please save documents and all relevant information from ILIAS, if you wish to access them after your departure. Your access to ILIAS will be blocked after your exmatriculation.

  • Return all books, magazines, etc. to the library.

  • Spend the remaining balance on your MultiCa, as you will not get the money back.

  • Unsubscribe from mailing lists, such as the Karibu program.

At the city

  • Terminate your tenancy agreement with the Kölner Studierendenwerk or your landlord in due time. Be sure to obey the notice periods in your tenancy agreement.

  • Make an appointment with the dormitory office of your dormitory or with your landlord to hand over the keys. Make sure that you leave the room or apartment in the condition in which you found it. This is the only way to get your deposit back.

  • Cancel your bank account. If you need a certificate of exmatriculation for this, you can request it at the Office of Student and Examination Services of your campus.

  • Cancel your health insurance if you have taken out one in Germany. You may need a certificate of exmatriculation to do this.

  • De-register at Cologne’s Resident’s Office.

  • De-register from the Public Broadcasting Licence Fee (GEZ). You will need your de-registration from the Resident's Office.

  • Cancel all other contracts, such as mobile phone, internet, gym, etc.

Thank you very much for your stay at the TH Köln. The entire Department for International Affairs wishes you all the best for your future academic career. We would be delighted to see you again in the future - whether as a Master's student or as an intern.