The PROMOS scholarship program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. PROMOS promotes mobility programs for students completing academic stays abroad.
Under the auspices of the PROMOS program, the International Office annually grants scholarships covering travel expenses for a variety of stays abroad in compliance with the fixed PROMOS rates (Teilstipendium Mobilität). All degree-seeking students at TH Köln - University of Applied Sciences who do not receive funding from other private or public institutions may apply. Students receiving BAföG-funding or a Deutschlandstipendium are exempt from this regulation.
Applications are accepted for the periods January to June (application deadline January 31) as well as July to December (application deadline June 30) of each year. Please apply with the International Office for one of the following stays abroad:
Academic scholarship: 1 to 6 months
- Academic stay at a foreign university outside of the Erasmus+ region.
- Academic stay at a foreign university which is not among TH Köln‘s Erasmus+ cooperation partners
- Academic stay at an Erasmus+ partner university exceeding the maximum Erasmus+ funding period of 12 months on the grounds of the program curriculum
- Short-term scholarships for writing final theses
Internships: 6 weeks to 6 months
- in countries outside of the Erasmus+ region
Language course: 3 weeks to 6 months
- Language course at a university abroad
Program-specific courses (i.e. Summer Schools): up to 6 weeks
The next application deadline is:
- January 31, 2021 (due to the pandemic and the decision of the executive committee, mobilities outside of Europe are excluded on this application date)
- June 30, 2021
Please note the information from the TH Köln's crisis team regarding foreign mobility during the pandemic.
PROMOS applicants will be required to submit their applications via our Mobility Online platform. Please register your mobility and upload your PROMOS application on the following website:
Please note that applicants may receive PROMOS funding once per enrolled degree program only. International students enrolled at TH Köln are entitled to apply for a PROMOS scholarship but may not do so for stays in their respective home countries in accordance with DAAD regulations. Following the end of the application deadline, a selection committee will evaluate all applications and decide on which applicants will be awarded a scholarship.For further information, please refer to the current scholarship announcement.