All students are required to re-register each semester by the deadline set by TH Köln. Students are automatically re-registered once they have paid the semester fees and have, if so required, submitted all necessary documents.
All students who have not re-registered will be removed from the register of students by the end of the current semester.
The semester fee for the winter semester 2021/22 is € 285.40
Exceptions apply for joint degree programs and programs parallel to professional employment.
Re-registration and graduation
Students who are graduating in the current semester, i.e. in a semester for which they are already registered, do not need to re-register for the upcoming semester. What is important in this regard is the date the thesis (incl. final oral examination) is submitted or the last examination is taken. The date the results of the thesis or last examination are announced is irrelevant.
Re-registration for the summer semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before February 28/29:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after March 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Re-registration for the winter semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before August 31:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after September 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Additional information is available in the download section: "Information for graduating students: Re-register or not?"
For all students enrolled at TH Köln, the following re-registration deadlines apply:
- Summer semester: January 10
- Winter semester: July 10
TH Köln must have received the fees by these dates. We therefore ask you to transfer the amount payable a few days in advance.
Please also take note of a potential late fee.
In some cases students cannot be re-registered despite having paid the fee in time:
- students who fail to meet certain requirements, such as internship requirements, or who have not officially selected a specialization for the upcoming semester
- students who have not submitted proof of health insurance or may be barred from re-registration for other reasons
All payments are to be made by bank transfer.
Bank: Sparkasse KölnBonn
IBAN: DE50 3705 0198 1931 6140 59
Reference code ("Verwendungszweck") for the winter semester 2021/22:
2212+your 8-digit student ID number
Please enter the reference code without any spaces. Make sure to use the correct refernce code to ensure that your payment can be processed correctly. The reference code changes each semester.
Processing of payments and certificates of enrollment
It takes at least three business days for your payment to be processed.
Please note that certificates of enrollment can only be printed (through PSSO) once your payment has been processed.
Should you not have re-registered in time, you are required to pay a late fee of € 17.50. Due to the current situation, no late fee applies for all payments received until August 13, 2021.
If you fail to meet one of the following deadlines, you will also have to pay the late fee of €17.50:
- if you failed to hand in a health insurance certificate or have not yet selected your specialization, please contact your Office of Student Services prior to the end of the re-registration deadline (July 10 for each winter semester and January 10 for each summer semester).
- internship certificates are to be submitted by the deadlines listed in the respective examination regulations (usually at the end or beginning of the semester).
- All cross-registered students ('Zweithörer') are asked to submit their latest certificate of enrollment of their home university by September 30 for the winter semester and March 31 for the summer semester and
- cross-registered students enrolled in the same program as at their home university (kleine Zweithörerinnen/Zweithörer) are required to pay a cross-registration fee of €100 per semester within the re-registration deadline (July 10 for each winter semester and January 10 for each summer semester)
Cross-registered students pay their semester fees at their home university.