All students are required to re-register each semester by the deadline set by TH Köln. Students are automatically re-registered once they have paid the semester fees and have, if so required, submitted all necessary documents.
All students who have not re-registered will be disenrolled by the end of the current semester.
The semester fee for the winter semester 2023/24 is € 330.20
Exceptions apply for joint degree programs and programs parallel to professional employment.
For all students enrolled at TH Köln, the following re-registration deadlines apply:
- Summer semester: January 10
- Winter semester: July 10
TH Köln must have received the fees by these dates. We therefore ask you to transfer the semester fees a few days in advance.
Should you miss the re-registration deadline you may need to pay a late fee.
In some cases students cannot be re-registered despite having paid the fee in time:
- students who fail to meet certain requirements, such as internship requirements, or who have not officially selected a specialization for the upcoming semester
- students whose confirmation of health insurance status is missing or who have a re-registration block in their student account for other reasons.
If you have a re-registration block in your student account, this will be displayed in CaMS.
Exminations that are part of a course taken in the previous semester
Information for students who have registered for an exam that is part of a course that they took in the previous semester (i.e. before the semester break):
- You need have re-registered by the time the exam takes place.
- If there are any impediments regarding your re-registration, e.g. late payment of the semester fee, on-going internships or failed payments of the health insurance contributions, it is possible that your exam registration is deleted. This is also possible if the impediment no longer exists at the time of the exam.
- After your re-registration, make sure to verify - at least 7 days before the exam - that you are still registered for the exam you want to take. This information is available in PSSO in the section "Exam information" ("Info über angemeldete Prüfungen").
- If the exam is not listed there, get in touch with the Office of Student and Examination Services immediately. Otherwise you may not be able to take the examination.
Re-registration and graduation
Students who are graduating in the current semester, i.e. in a semester for which they are already registered, do not need to re-register for the upcoming semester. What is important in this regard is the date the thesis (incl. final oral examination) is submitted or the last examination is taken. The date the results of the thesis or last examination are announced is irrelevant.
Re-registration for the summer semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before February 28/29:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after March 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Re-registration for the winter semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before August 31:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after September 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Additional information is available in the download section: "Information for graduating students"
All payments are to be made by bank transfer.
Bank: Sparkasse KölnBonn
IBAN: DE50 3705 0198 1931 6140 59
Reference code ("Verwendungszweck") :
your student ID number (8 digits) first and last name (example: 12345678 Jane Doe)
Make sure to use the correct reference code to ensure that your payment can be processed correctly.
Should you miss the re-registration deadline, you will need to pay a late fee of € 17.50.
Please note: Due to the current situation the late fee is waived for all payments received by TH Köln by August 11, 2023.
Cross-registered students pay their semester fees at their home university.