All students are required to re-register each semester by the deadline set by TH Köln. Students are automatically re-registered once they have paid the semester fees and have, if so required, submitted all necessary documents.
All students who have not re-registered will be disenrolled by the end of the current semester.
In the months of June, July and August 2022, persons with a student public transport pass (“Semesterticket”) were able travel throughout Germany on all means of local and regional public transport (2nd class).
Due to the introduction of the 9 Euro Ticket, the student public transport fee for the summer semester was reduced by € 71.60.
Students who had a Semesterticket in the summer semester 2022 were credited this amount towards their semester fee for the winter semester 2022/23.
Students who left TH Köln by the end of the summer semester 2022 can request a partial refund of their public transport fee after their disenrollment.
The semester fee for the summer semester 2023 is € 319.20
Exceptions apply for joint degree programs and programs parallel to professional employment.
Re-registration and graduation
Students who are graduating in the current semester, i.e. in a semester for which they are already registered, do not need to re-register for the upcoming semester. What is important in this regard is the date the thesis (incl. final oral examination) is submitted or the last examination is taken. The date the results of the thesis or last examination are announced is irrelevant.
Re-registration for the summer semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before February 28/29:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after March 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming summer semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Re-registration for the winter semester:
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or before August 31:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is not required.
- Thesis/final oral examination or last examination is submitted or taken on or after September 1:
Re-registration for the upcoming winter semester is required. This is also the case if only the final oral examination is taken in the new semester.
Additional information is available in the download section: "Information for graduating students"
For all students enrolled at TH Köln, the following re-registration deadlines apply:
- Summer semester: January 10
- Winter semester: July 10
TH Köln must have received the fees by these dates. We therefore ask you to transfer the fee a few days in advance.
Should you miss the re-registration deadline you may need to pay a late fee.
In some cases students cannot be re-registered despite having paid the fee in time:
- students who fail to meet certain requirements, such as internship requirements, or who have not officially selected a specialization for the upcoming semester
- students whose confirmation of health insurance status is missing or who are barred from re-registration for other reasons
Should you miss the re-registration deadline, you will need to pay a late fee of € 17.50.
If you fail to meet one of the following deadlines, you will also have to pay the late fee of €17.50:
- if your confirmation of health insurance status is missing, please get in touch with your health insurance company and ask them to electronically transmit the required confirmation by the re-registration deadline (July 10 for the winter semester, January 10 for the summer semester). Your health insurance provider needs to include TH Köln's sender ID H0000253.
- if you have not yet selected your specialization, please get in touch with your Office of Student Services by the re-registration deadline (July 10 for the winter semester, January 10 for the summer semester)
- internship certificates are to be submitted by the deadlines listed in the respective examination regulations (usually at the end or beginning of the semester)
- All cross-registered students ('Zweithörer') are asked to submit their latest certificate of enrollment of their home university by September 30 for the winter semester and March 31 for the summer semester and
- cross-registered students enrolled in the same program as at their home university (kleine Zweithörerinnen/Zweithörer) are required to pay a cross-registration fee of €100 per semester by the re-registration deadline (July 10 for the winter semester and January 10 for the summer semester)
Cross-registered students pay their semester fees at their home university.