Online Application Platform
Online application step by step: How to apply to TH Köln.
Before you begin
Please take your time to complete your online application and make sure to read the information provided in the online application platform.
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- a government-issued ID (e.g. passport)
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification (e.g. secondary school diploma)
- Applicants to Master's programs or if you are applying for a second degree program: diploma of your undergraduate degree
- Supporting documents, e.g. if you intend to submit a special application or if you want to apply as a vocationally qualified individual (if applicable)
All applications are to be submitted through our online application platform. In case of exceptions you will be notified during the application process. Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive a confirmation by email.
Online applications - How to proceed
1. Go to the online application platform
To go to the online application platform, select your program of choice, then go to "How to apply". Please note that for some programs, this information is only available in German (usually if the program is mainly taught in German). In this case, switch to the German site and select "Bewerbung" in the left-hand navigation. Please read the information carefully and click on the link "Online application platform" (or "Online-Bewerbungsportal" if the page only exists in German) which will take you to the online application platform.
3. Create a user account and enter your data on the online application platform
4. Check the information you entered in the application form
Before submitting your application, please check the information you entered and correct them if necessary. You may withdraw and edit your application if necessary until the application deadline of your program.
5. Submit your application
6. Write down your applicant number.
7. To find out the status of your application, you may check the "Admissions status" in the section "Online application" of the online application platform.