Interdependence and Innovation
2nd Cologne Conference on Translation, Interpreting and Technical Documentation (CGN18)
The Cologne Conference on Specialised Translation was founded in 2010 at the Institute of Translation and Multilingual Communication at the TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences, Cologne. The aim was to host intermittent conferences to provide a forum for focusing on state of the art research in the various areas of translation and interpreting.
The second Cologne Conference on Translation, Interpreting and Technical Documentation will take place from 29-30 November 2018 at the TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences, Cologne. We will continue to focus on the significant fields of translation and interpreting, while extending the remit to include technical communication. Given the fact that all three areas are highly interrelated and new developments are continuing apace, the overarching theme of the conference will be "Interdependence and Innovation".
The goals of the conference are to reflect on recent theoretical and methodological approaches in the various strands of translation, interpreting and technical communication, to explore potential forms of interdependence and synergies resulting from these, and to thus contribute to the current state of the art in research in these areas, with a view to preparing the ground for future developments.
We especially welcome papers which reflect the diversity of current research in Translation and Interpreting Studies and Technical Communication and invite submission of abstracts for papers in the following areas:
- Translation and Interpreting in Specialised Contexts (e.g. in the fields of Economics, Law, IT, Technical Communication/Natural Sciences, Medicine, Art/Culture)
- Processes and Products of Technical Communication
- Language and Translation Technology
- Terminology and Knowledge Representation
- Social Impact of Translation and Interpreting
- Process Research in Translation and Interpreting
- Translation and Interpreting Didactics
- Corpora in Translation and Interpreting Studies and Practice
- Crowd Translation
- Games/Website Localization