Integrated Water Resources Management with focus on Middle East/Northern Africa region (IWRM MENA)
Excellent career opportunities in a future-relevant business field within the international context of German-Arab cooperation – these are the promising prospects of this program. Students in the Master's program IWRM MENA gain comprehensive knowledge of water management concepts and are intensively prepared for leadership roles in this sector.
A cooperation between German Jordanian University (GJU) and TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences
Current challenges such as population and economic growth, as well as climate change, exert increasing pressure on water resources worldwide. Yet, these resources form the foundation for food production, urban and industrial water supply, and hydropower.
Therefore, experts are needed who understand that the diverse problems of water management can only be addressed through a comprehensive approach that considers both the technical and socio-economic aspects of resource utilization. These experts should also have knowledge in project financing and international collaboration. For bilateral projects between Germany and countries in the MENA region (Middle East & North Africa), they should be familiar with the culture, language, and politics of both sides and be adept at intercultural communication.
The M.Sc. IWRM-MENA aims to educate such experts and promote the concept of IWRM in the context of German-Arab cooperation.
The IWRM-MENA Master’s Program is a joint program of the Faculty of Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems (TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences) and the School of Natural Resources Engineering and Management (SNREM) at the GJU.
What do we offer?
- Courses and technical field visits on the latest concepts and technologies of water management
- Living and learning in Germany and Jordan
- Getting first-hand advice from high-level professionals and entrepreneurs in the Arab and German water sectors
- Training in project management and leadership qualifications
- Knowledge on the practice and projects of international cooperation
What do we expect?
In order to participate, you should
- be highly motivated to learn and work in a bicultural (German-Arab) environment
- have a professional or academic background related to the water sector and/or other relevant sectors
- be fluent in English (TOEFL ibt 79 point or academic IELTS Band 6)
- be willing to take up leadership positions in the future
What are your perspectives?
- Excellent career opportunities in international cooperation and development
- Working for Arab or German companies in the expanding business sector of “water management”
- Leadership positions in the public and private water sector
- Become part of a network of excellence on IWRM
Continuous quality assurance
Course Coordination Committee
The Course Coordination Committee (CCC) is responsible for implementing and managing the IWRM-MENA master’s program as well as communicating between students, lecturers, advisory board members, donors and other interested parties. On regular meetings, the CCC discusses scientific, organizational, financial, and marketing issues associated to the program in efforts to constantly develop the quality and services of the program.