Institute of Translation and Multilingual Communication – Lectures
This page contains information on the ITMK's lectures.
Summer semester 2018: The lectures commence Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
Project week: May 14 – May 18, 2018
Semester dates up to winter semester 2019/20 (as of January 17, 2018).
Please also note the changes to the lecture timetable which are being updated constantly.
Registration for all courses in the Bachelor's programs 'Multilingual Communication' and 'Languages and Business' is mandatory. The ITMK uses an online registration platform that will be activated as follows:
- Monday, March 12, 2018 (10 am) for students in their fifth or sixth semester (or higher),
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 (10 am) for students in their third or fourth semester and
- Monday, March 19, 2018 (10 am) for students in their first or second semester.
The platform will remain online up to Wednesday, March 21, 2018 (4 pm). Until then students can register for new courses or cancel previously registered courses. For further information, please see the guide on how to register [in German].
New: In order to achieve a better distribution of participants among the courses, parallel courses will from now on be treated as a total quota. For this reason, the names of the lecturers will no longer be specified on the online registration platform. (This applies to all courses.) Please select your course reservation based solely on the course name and time.
Please note: You do not have to register again for yearly modules in which you have already completed the first course in the winter semester and will take the continuation course in the summer semester. You will stay with the lecturers with whom you have taken the annual course. Please check in due time, however, when these courses will take place in the new semester, as there may be changes here.
- Should you wish to attend a course in an earlier semester than indicated in the program's curriculum, the registration will only be provisional. Once all students who are taking a given course in accordance with the curriculum (or students who should have already completed the course in an earlier semester) have a place, the remaining places will be given to the students who wish to take the course earlier. Students who have not chosen a specialization cannot take a course in an earlier semester which is part of a specialization.
- If a course you are trying to register for has already reached the maximum capacity and you cannot sign up to an alternative course (e.g. because of an overlap), you can fill in the corresponding form in the orange box to the left.
- If you encounter a technical problem during online registration, please restart your browser and repeat the process. The recommended browser is Mozilla Firefox. If the problem persists, please fill in the corresponding form in the orange box to the left.
- In cases of hardship (e.g. childcare, a family member in need of constant nursing care, disability, etc.) please fill in the corresponding form in the orange box. If your case is considered a hardship an appointment for consultation will be made. Please note: Employment and travel time are not considered as cases of hardship.
- Please help your fellow students by cancelling the registration for courses you will not attend. This can easily be done on the online registration platform and after the platform has been taken down by filling in the corresponding form in the orange box.
- If you do not excuse your absence during the first session of a course, you revoke your claimed place and it will be given to another student on the waiting list. Please do not forget to inform the lecturer that you will be missing the first session.
- Please refrain from contacting the lecturers to ask them for a place in their course. The registration for all courses is organized centrally by the ITMK. No lecturer will grant access to their course through other means of communication (e.g. e-mail or personal conversation). Exception: Courses organized by Mr. Esch. Please contact him directly.
- Please take note of the table for the tranfser of equivalent credits (subject to amendments) regarding the switch from the 2011 curriculum to the 2017 curriculum in the Bachelor's program Multilingual Communication.