Harald Sander is holding the Jean Monnet Chair “Europe in the Global Economy” at Technische Hochschule Köln (TH Köln). He is also a Professor of Economics and International Economics at TH Köln and at Maastricht School of Management. At TH Köln he directs the Institute of Global Business and Society. He is also an extramural fellow of the Graduate School of Business and Economics at Maastricht University. His major research interests are:
- European integration
- Financial integration in Europe
- International financial integration, especially global banking
- (The limits of) European and global governance
- International trade and investment
- Green growth and the role of eco-innovations
He also has a strong interest in promoting internationalization of higher education and in innovation in academic teaching.
As an occasional blogger he publishes on European issues in various outlets. More details can be found on his WEBLOG.