Residence titles - Refugee status
The NRWege ins Studium program is particularly aimed at refugees who are willing and able to study, who entered Germany no more than five years ago, and who have a higher education entrance qualification.
- persons entitled to asylum, recognised refugees, persons entitled to subsidiary protection, persons with protection against deportation and persons with a comparable residency status (residency under §§ 25 para. 1-3, 22, 23 para. 1 and 2, 23 para. 4, 23a or 25 para. 4, 25 Abs. 5 AufenthG),
- persons with residency status under § 24 AufenthG,
- persons who have received a rejection in the asylum procedure conducted by the BAMF, but whose deportation has been temporarily suspended (temporary suspension of deportation – tolerated stay under § 60a AufenthG),
- relatives of recognised refugees they followed if they can provide the residency permit of the principal person entitled (the first relative to enter the country) (§§ 29, 30, 31, 32, 34 para. 1, 35 para. 2, 36 AufenthG),
- persons who still have a temporary residence permit after completion of the asylum procedure conducted by the BAMF, as long as they have not been requested to leave the country (§ 55 AufenthG),
- persons granted a settlement permit (§ 26 AufenthG).
This does not include
- persons staying in Germany in the context of family reunion with German citizens (§ 28 AufenthG).
(However, these persons can apply as international applicants for the preparatory German language courses.)
Excluded from program participation:
- persons who are under a latent or immediate obligation to leave the country (§ 50 para. 1 AufenthG),
- persons who have a German educational qualification,
- German citizens.