Film (Master's program)
The MA Film is aimed at young filmmakers from audiovisual creative fields (including directing, producing, cinematography, editing, sound design, screenwriting, production design).
The goal of the Master's Programme is to expand the film-aesthetic possibilities of the students through an innovative curriculum by creating a framework in which film projects exploring a range of socially relevant topics are created in a co-creative, and anti-hierarchical atmosphere of learning.
- co-creation as a project development and learning method
- formation of one's own aesthetic signature
- critical analysis of the role of visuality in constructs such as race, gender, class, sexuality, and ability
- holistic approach to filmmaking: acquiring valuable interface competences by taking on key roles in the production process
- development of an individual project concept through artistic research
The MA programme refines students' cinematic language through creativity-oriented, co-creative training and strengthens their position as a filmmaker through industry connections and networking.
At a Glance
|Degree||Master of Arts (M.A.)|
|Type of program||Full-time programme (face to face)|
|Beginning of program||Winter semester (every other year)|
|Program duration||4 semesters|
|Credits||120 ECTS credits|
|Language of instruction||German und Englisch|
|Campus||ifs Köln (Mülheim Site)|
|Application||Please visit the ifs website for information on the application process. More|