Writing Consultation in German as a Foreign Language for International Students
The writing consultation is aimed at international students of TH Köln, who
- need support in formulating reports, seminar papers and theses,
- want to make sure that their texts comply with the standards of German scientific language,
- would like to receive feedback on their application documents (cover letter and resume).
What Can You Expect in the Writing Consultation?
Our consultants are trained in writing didactics and have a high level of consulting competence. They form a work alliance with you, which means that you are actively involved in finding solutions.
We would like to support you in shaping your writing process through reflection, analysis and self-directed expansion of strategies and techniques in such a way that you are better able to write scientific texts independently.
The type of text feedback depends on the following factors:
- on the type of text that you have to write
- on your questions and difficulties in writing your text.
Please note: The writing consultation is not a correction service. Your texts will not be corrected and edited by the writing consultants. Instead, we support you in applying strategies for self-correction and thus strengthen your own resources.
Please book your personal consultation by sending an e-mail to our writing consultant Dr. Mirjam Berg.
Please mention the following details in your e-mail
- your course of studies
- the subject of your paper / your texts
- the most important questions you have.
Once we have made an appointment, please submit the text you wish to discuss at least three working days before your appointment. The volume of the text will be determined in the appointment.
The consultation takes about 45 - 60 minutes. You also have the possibility to book follow-up appointments.
Participation in the writing consultation is free of charge.