Summer School GETEUROPEAN
The GETEUROPEAN summer school “Global and European Trade and European Business Environment” provides you with in-depth insights into the European economy and its relation with the rest of the world.
It also offers an excellent opportunity to gain new academic insight, rewarded with 6 US-credits (12 ECTS), first-hand exposure to the European business environment and European culture, cross-cultural and academic interaction with Cologne students and faculty.
Summer School GETEUROPEAN 2024
4 weeks (6 May 2024- 31 May 2024)
15 February 2024
Designed for ...
Undergraduate students from partner universities in USA and other non-European countries
Modules and Credits
- Module 1. Global and European Trade (3 US-credits = 6 ECTS). This module is equivalent to a typical course in International Trade and Trade Policy for students from TH Köln.
- Module 2. European Business Environment (3 US-credits = 6 ECTS). This module is equivalent to a typical elective course in our International Business Bachelor degree.
For details see GETEUROPEAN Summer School Program 2023.
- Understanding the global and European trading environment
- Understanding the European business environment, specific issues of Marketing, Accounting, Business Psychology, Sustainability etc.
- Understanding European culture
- Ability to analyze, debate and assess Europe’s role in the global economy
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to learn in a cross-cultural environment
- Lectures, seminars and workshops with TH Köln professors
- Guest lectures from corporate sector, such L´Oréal Paris, DHL Group, etc., and international institutions, such as the European Commission.
- Field trips
- Research projects and case studies
- Panel discussions and debates
Time for leisure activities is provided during the weekends and bank holidays. Cologne is perfectly situated not far from Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Luxemburg, Berlin, Munich, Zurich and other popular destinations where you can easily get by train.
We suggest Hostel Köln situated in the heart of the city which blocks rooms for summer school participants. A double-room with a private bathroom, including breakfast, towels and Internet costs around 50 euro (per person, per night).
As usual, own arrangements, especially with cooking facilities, e.g. Airbnb, are also possible.
All Summer School events are free of charge for the students of our partner universities.
Please, check the actual exchange rate of the US dollar to euro published by European Central Bank.
How to Apply
Please contact your International Office/Study abroad coordinator.