The Graduate Center serves as a central scientific institution of TH Köln that represents the interests of doctoral researchers, postdocs, and supervisors. In cooperation with the faculties and other institutions, Graduate Center pursues the high-quality qualification of doctoral researchers as well as the promotion of young scientists after their doctorate.
Structure of Graduate Center
The Graduate Center is a central scientific institution of TH Köln, which represents the interests of doctoral candidates, Postdocs and supervisors. The head of the Graduate Center being the Vice President for Research and Knowledge Transfer, it comprises the Standing Comittee for Promotion of early-stage researchers (Ständige Kommission zur Förderung des Wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchses). All doctoral candidates and Postdocs at TH Köln are represented by the Doctoral Researchers Convention. The bodies are supported by Graduate Center's service desk.
In addition, there is close cooperation with the Graduate School for Applied Research in North Rhine-Westphalia (PK NRW), which allows doctoral projects to be realized in structured doctoral programs.
The aim of Graduate Center is to ensure a high-quality qualification for doctoral candidates and to promote young scientists after completing their doctorate in line with the goals of the university development plan (Hochschulentwicklungsplan) and the self-image of the university. From doctorates in structured programs to individual doctorates to external doctorates - the Graduate Center supports all forms of doctorates. The Graduate Center signs responsible for all matters of doctoral candidates and Postdocs at TH Köln that are related to their research activities here, subject to the statutory and otherwise regulated responsibilities.
- Service desk of Graduate Center is a place of contact, advice, information and support for those who are interested in pursuing a doctorate, doctoral candidates, Postdocs as well as for all other university members and associates who are involved in promoting early-stage researchers
- Interdisciplinary qualification offers for the best possible support during the doctoral and Postdoc phase as well as for the further career path
- Advising university members on issues relating to the promotion of early-stage researchers
- Measures and instruments for quality assurance and improvement
- Ensuring compliance with the principles of good scientific practice
- Support in the planning and development of (further) structured doctoral programs at TH Köln
- Funding measures for early-stage researchers