IIM – Services and Infrastructures
The IIM offers a wide range of services and infrastructures to support researchers in their daily life. All members of the institute get access to these facilities and resources to boost their projects' productivity and research outcomes.
Research related services:
- Licensed online collaboration tools for scientific writing (Grammarly, Overleaf)
- Self-Hosted internal team collaboration and messaging platform (Mattermost)
- Data mining and analysis software packages (NVivo)
Data sets for information retrieval and text analysis studies (Overview on GitHub)
On-campus research facilities:
- Co-working office space for more than ten people located in the Südstadt campus of TH Köln.
- The iLab: A laboratory for interactive user studies and observational research. The iLab consists of a two-room lab setup with a wide range of eye-tracking and sensor devices (like EEG, pulse) to conduct user observations and prototype testing.
Server and computing infrastructure:
- Server installation for high-performance scientific computations: Dell Precision 7920 Tower XCTO (768 GB RAM and 8 TB SSD drives)