Internship at the UAS7 Liaison Office
The UAS7 Liaison Office in New York is currently seeking a highly motivated student or recent graduate interested in the field of international educational exchange and cooperation.
UAS7 is a strategic alliance of seven leading German Universities of Applied Sciences committed to excellence in teaching and research. The UAS7 liaison office in New York is responsible for the representation of the alliance in the US and Canada, the coordination of study-abroad and international summer programs and the establishment of partnerships with scientific and educational organizations.
An internship at the UAS7 liaison office will provide the trainee with knowledge of the work processes and management of international academic exchange programs and practical experience in project/event management.
The intern’s responsibilities will depend on current projects and may include (but not be limited to):
• Public Relations: Researching and drafting news items for UAS7 social media and new/revised website content, maintenance/development of the UAS7 website, monitoring and communication with third-party organizations that reach our target audience.
• Project Work: Providing support to US-American and Canadian students who apply for scholarships and UAS7 programs (over email and phone), supporting the placement of German students at partner universities. Projects will be tailored to the intern’s skills and experience whenever possible, but all interns will gain experience in multiple areas of UAS7 NY activities.
• Event Management: Preparation, co-organization and assessment of UAS7 events.
The working language will be English and German. Interns will have the opportunity to develop strong business writing skills in English. Strong business writing skills in German are an advantage.
• Minimum age: 21
• Current student at or recent graduate from a UAS7 member institution.
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Interest in international affairs and higher education
• Independent thinker who is highly organized.
Experience and skills in the following areas are highly useful:
• Web development and graphic design
Internship duration: 6 months, beginning September 1, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Compensation: UAS7 arranges and pays for the required J-1 visa ($1000) and provides a stipend of $850 per month. Applicants may also want to inquire into supplemental funding through the DAAD and GIZ (http://www.uas7.org/opportunities/internship-program-to-the-us/scholarships.html).
Application: Deadline: May 5, 2014: . The cover letter should address the applicant’s motivation and highlights of qualifications. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as a single pdf email attachment to the following individual at their respective UAS:
Please submit application to:
Fachhochschule Köln, International Office
Ms. Maria Üpping: email@example.com