IW-DAF09S23-4 Living and Studying in NRW - Apartment and the German credit bureau „Schufa“
This workshop addresses the living situation in Germany and the German credit bureau “Schufa”. The workshop which will be held in German is primarily aimed at refugees studying at TH Köln, but is also open to international students without a refugee background.
At a Glance
IW-DAF09S23-4 Living and Studying in NRW - Apartment and the German credit bureau „Schufa“Workshop
- 16:00 to 18:00
add to my calendar
BEGIN:VCALENDAR VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//hacksw/handcal//NONSGML v1.0//EN CALSCALE:GREGORIAN BEGIN:VEVENT LOCATION:online via Zoom DESCRIPTION: SUMMARY:IW-DAF09S23-4 Living and Studying in NRW - Apartment and the German credit bureau „Schufa“ DTSTART:20230323T160000 DTEND:20230323T180000 DTSTAMP:20230402T100026 UID:6429361a51218 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR
online via Zoom
free of charge
Series of events
Projekt „Get In“ (Verbraucherzentrale NRW)
Online registration is possible here until March 22, 2023, 10:00 am.
TH Köln Language Learning Center
Upon successful completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate. In addition, you can have this workshop credited for the Certificate "Sprache, Studium, Berufseinstieg".
Requirements for participation
• The workshop is primarily aimed at refugees studying at TH Köln, but is also open to international students without a refugee background.
• You have the necessary technical equipment to participate in digital classes: PC/laptop with camera and microphone, stable internet connection, valid campusID.
• You are prepared to actively engage in all class activities (this also implies turning on the camera during the Zoom sessions).
• Your German language skills are at level B1.
Please use this form to deregister from our language modules and workshops. Deregistration form
Searching an apartment in Cologne and the surrounding area is very challenging in particular for international students. In addition, moving into a new place is associated with difficult decisions and complex contracts. Very often, one has to fill out a Schufa-information form for a rental agreement. Therefore, this workshop addresses the following subjects:
- the registration of electricity (and gas), telephone and internet
- cold rent and service charges
- partial payments and annual accounts
- the possible exemption from broadcasting fees
- liability and household insurance
- system of garbage separation
- more about the Schufa and why it collects data.